Home construction & renovation
Bauunternehmen bzw. Lieferant prüfen
As the person who wants something built, you need to make lots of decisions every day. One of the most important decisions is choosing the right partner for your building project. Checking your building contractor's and your supplier's financial reliability will protect you from nasty surprises, including:
- the building contractor becoming insolvent
- lost down payments
- unexpected additional costs resulting from a change in supplier.
Make sure you check your building contractor's or supplier's credit standing before you sign a contract. Because information is the best foundation for sound decisions.
10 tips to avoid financial losses
- Ask for several quotes
- Go through testimonials provided by other customers
- Ask the party submitting a quote for references
- Check the credit standing of the party submitting a quote before you sign the contract
- Review the contract carefully
- Clarify liability issues before engaging the contractor
- Agree on a liability retainer to protect against the risk of defects
- Pay in instalments upon completion of individual works or construction stages
- Put anything that has been discussed in writing
- Engage a fiduciary or obtain a bank guarantee
Insolvencies in the building industry
Robust today – Insolvent tomorrow
Even after an enterprise has been successfully operating for over 30 years and is considered a healthy domestic business across Austria – it can fall into financial straits from one day to the next. KSV1870 supports private individuals by providing information on the financial reliability of businesses.
Simply start a search and access a credit report. Use your credit card, PayPal or instant transfer to pay the fee. Prices are tiered depending on the information volume provided in the access report.
You will find an overview of all current insolvencies here:
Checking your building contractor and/or supplier
Take your pick:
|KSV1870 Rating and Assessment|
|Debt recovery data|
|Individual maximum credit|
|Development in recent years|
|Price including 20% VAT|